We are looking for new trustees to add to the skills and experience of the current Board.
We are looking for people who enjoy working as part of a supportive, but rigorous team, who are passionate about the arts and the power they have to change lives. We expect that you will know our work and the contemporary theatre sector that the company is part of, but if you haven’t seen Forced Entertainment’s work live, and are interested in becoming a trustee regardless, do get in touch.
We are looking particularly, but not exclusively, for individuals who have expertise in the following areas:
- Marketing, communications and PR
With this recruitment process we are seeking to increase the diversity of the board, and particularly welcome applications from individuals from historically under-represented groups.
We also encourage younger individuals to apply, particularly as a way to develop experience and skills in the sector.
Being a Trustee
As a Trustee of the Charity and member of the Board you will use your experience to help the organisation achieve its full potential as a ground-breaking creator of contemporary theatre.
- Ensuring good governance and management to achieve financial stability, resilience and statutory compliance
- Using your specific knowledge and experience to provide advice and guidance on issues relevant to your area of special expertise.
- Developing the strategic vision and long-term planning.
- Meeting its funding obligations in particular as an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation.
- Supporting the Company’s fundraising campaigns as appropriate.
The Board meets four times a year in Sheffield. Board meeting are usually held during the day on weekdays. One of these meetings is a longer Board ‘awayday’ that usually happens in the summer.
As a Board member you will agree to:
- Attend meetings in Sheffield.
- Be fully up to date with the business of the company.
- Be well prepared for each Board meeting.
- Offer timely feedback and responses when business has to take place remotely.
- Attend performance and events where possible.
- Advocate for the company where/when appropriate.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee please email Deborah Chadbourn, Chair email@example.com with a one-page expression of interest (you can also include a CV if you wish).
The closing date for expressions of interest is 5pm on 5th November 2018.